martoon

9.6.05

TECH - turn your PPC into an iPod :)

  • pPod


  • I own a Dell. A Dell Axim PDA. I've used PDAs since the Newton and and I have to say that the Windows portable platform has only one thing going for it, it's connectivity to a desktop Windows machine. Syncing up to the work machine is pretty flawless when it comes to email, calendar and everything outlook. But that's it. I mean that's all. The writing recognition is awesome as long as you don't have to write V's and G's. Everything else pretty much blows. It's media player stinks to the point where it's almost unusable. It's browser is so bare bones that I can't even load a flash enabled site without having the browser crash. So you can imagine how happy I was when I found a bootleg iPod simulator that runs on the PDA. FINALLY, I can switch songs without having to use two hands and a stylus. It just goes to show how strong apple design is. It can even make a crappy windoze machine enjoyable to use.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Yeah, but there are no MAME emulators for the iPod.