martoon

9.8.05

GAME - PocketQuake for the pocket PC

  • pocket quake


  • I've been running Pocket quake on my Dell Axim and it runs pretty smooth. The load time isn't too bad even though I have it stored on my storage card. It even plays smoothly in landscape mode. The control takes some getting used to since I have to look around using the stylus on the screen while running and shooting using the directional button. Right now I'm just using the demo version, but If I do register, randall schleufer has created three custom maps which feature a low polycount, bright lighting, new textures and an easily navigable floorplan specifically for portable playing. It should improve performance. I'm curious to see how much of an improvement there is since I don't notice a performance hit using the default demo maps as it is.

    No comments: