martoon

13.7.05

TECH - 35 wifi hotspots on my commute home


There was nothing on the radio today and I ran out of podcasts. So I decided to fire up the wireless on my Smell Axim 30 and monitor wifi hotspots on my ride home. I was kinda surprised that, just as I left my lot, I came across a network called "Warehouse". It made sense since I work smack dab in the middle of warehouse central right off the Jersey Turnpike. But as I took the back roads past all of the new McMansions sprouting up all over McJersey, the detecter started logging multiple signals simultaneously. As many as 5 or 6 at a time. I wonder how many wifis other people can log if they did the same thing.

2 comments:

Incognito said...

It's called WarDriving :)

couchoud said...

hotspots that you could access? keep that information away from the terrorists!