martoon

8.7.05

TECH - Mobile Wiki with Wapipedia

  • Wapipedia

  • A mobile version of the famous Wikipedia encyclopedia is now
    available.
    - BONUS : pretty fast version of the site

    UPDATE - from the creator of Wapipedia - posted on 2-JUL-2005 20:08 - I recently picked up a Smartphone and, keen to surf the web one small page at a time, I added GPRS to my mobile plan. It didn’t take me long to figure out that the greater web was just so much ‘dog food’ as far as mobile browsing went: you could eat it if you were hungry enough, but it wasn’t really what I’d call fit for human consumption.

    Hoping to redress the balance in a small way, I’ve put together a slimmed down, XHTML version of the Wikipedia. You can find it at: http://wapipedia.org

    As a newcomer to the mobile browsing world I’ve only just started thinking about interface issues, so I'm after some feedback here. If you have any suggestions please send them to me at pshanks@megalong.com.

    No comments: