martoon

7.6.06

VIDEO GAMES - Cave Story, Cross Platform Game

  • get Studio Pixel's Cave Story.


  • In a time when gamers have been clamoring for bigger and better and more polygons and denser textures, it's refreshing to see someone pull together a home-brew that is just fun to play. It's been a while since I played an exciting, fun, old-school platformer like cave Story. It's an impressive freeware game you can download to your computer to play, Mac or PC. The learning curve is smooth with new weapons introduced just in time for beating down the next big boss. My lousy screenshots do the game no justice. The motion is smooth, graphic are pixel, the music is midi, and it all comes together to make an awesome experience. Authors description: Cave Story is a jumping-and-shooting action game. Explore the caves until you reach the ending. You can also save your game and continue from where you left off. His description does the game no justice. Play and be amazed.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Nice pictures. Just as a question, how fast did you beat the hell level? At my best, I can only do it in 14 minutes. (yeah, it's long).

    martoon said...

    heh, I haven't yet. I keep going back to it every other day or so but I keep getting my butt kicked. I do hope to beat it by the end of summer. :D

    Anonymous said...

    Can I say a little advice? (Wait, why am I asking? You can stop me or anything...)
    I think it's easier to beat it with Spur than with Machine gun....
    Did you get to Ballos yet? %&#@, HE IS HARD!